Wednesday, June 17, 2009

[Alexa Chung] It's On with Alexa Chung


http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/alexa_chung/series.jhtml

Hi, I'm Alexa Chung.

I'm 25 years old, I was born in England in one of those places that look like they're from a Richard Curtis movie -- you know, rolling countryside, a one cow village, with just me, my folks and a dog! Nothing much happened apart from when the pub's sign fell down and we had to rename the pub 'Pub.' I had a fav cat called Stimpy, and when I was five I wished I didn't have brown hair and that was childhood, basically.

Then I became a model. That sucked ... you have to stand on a cross on the floor and no one talks to you, and I'm what you call a talker. Modeling pays the bills, but as much as I love teen magazines you can't really be in them when you're 22.

I dreamt of becoming a horse-riding ballerina but it just wasn't going to happen and my dad wouldn't let me join the circus ... what's a girl to do? Hey, I wasn't going to be pigeonholed so I thought why not be a TV presenter (you would say, "host") or an actor? Actually, scrub acting. I can't do "crestfallen." So, here I am, a bona fide English TV presenter coming across the pond to party with you guys.

What else is there? OK, I like green tea, clothes and Makers Mark. I'm a vegetarian, but I'm scared of carbs. I've got one rule; I don't eat anything with a face on it. My fave book is Revolutionary Road. My least fave movie is Revolutionary Road. I'm really good at swimming and playing the recorder, and I'm really bad at singing, but I love karaoke as much as the next guy. My favorite fact is that a baby can crawl through the artery of a whale. I don't know if that's true but my friend Jack told me and he's usually right.

What else is there to say? I'm over here to make a TV show that I am beyond excited about. I wanna make something that you'll want to watch. We'll be getting some great guests and you will be able to join in all of the fun and tell me what you think as we're going along. Should be fun, so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin